CRAiLAR brings a new level of performance and eco-responsibility to established brands. Incorporating CRAiLAR fiber into your textile or non-woven application provides a host of benefits over other natural and synthetic fibers.
• Greater absorbency than Tencel, Viscose, and Polyester
• Absorbs oil and water 20% faster than competing fibers
• Superior wet strength
• Cloth-like hand feel
Textile and footwear:
• Enhanced moisture management – naturally wicking
• Improved abrasion resistance
• Unchanged garment hand feel and drape
• No static, pilling, or lint problems
• Unlike linen, CRAiLAR is machine wash/dryable without being wrinkle prone
• Improved dye uptake
Ease of Integration:
• Requires no equipment modification – runs on existing non-woven and textile knitting and spinning platforms
• CRAiLAR can produce to your specifications, providing bulk fiber, cut staple, non-woven substrate, spun yarn, or even fabric – natural color, bleached, or dyed
• CRAiLAR fibers are easily blended with any and all other textile fibers without affecting the hand-feel of the garment
• Bast fibers are among the most environmentally favorable crops on the planet
• Grow in cool climates without the use of irrigation
• The need for chemical inputs is very low – just a fraction of other annual textile crops
• Bast fibers produce both food and fiber – seeds of hemp and flax are widely consumed in food and industrial industries
• Fiber in some cases is a by-product
• CRAiLAR is proud to have multiple third-party designations that rank CRAiLAR fiber as one of the top sustainable fibers available.
• Compostable, USDA 100% BioPreferred, Leed Certified
CRAiLAR delivers success by continuing to innovate in agronomics, decortication, processing, integration and product development.